Wednesday, July 13, 2011

{Hannah Louise}


I found these adorable wooden letters at the craft store about a week ago and had to get them. I painted them and plan to mount them over the changing table :) I think they will be cute!
So I've had a few inquiries about Hannah's name, how we decided on a name, and what the meaning behind it is. I thought I would just share a little bit.
We started out just brainstorming names we liked..some of the favorites were Faye, Avery, Ava, Naomi, and Miriam. All of these ended up being veto-ed due to lack of meaning, they were becoming too popular, or they just didn't feel right. Hannah was another name we liked, and we knew we wanted the middle name to be Louise. My middle name is Louise, named after my mother...and strangely enough, Nicolais moms middle name is Louise, so it is a family name on both sides. I think I want my next little girls middle name to be Dean after my Dad's mom. So...we narrowed down the options to Hannah and Faye. We wavered back and forth for awhile, but for me Faye Louise just didn't sound right...it didn't flow properly...so that's how we settled on 
Hannah Louise Pedersen.
Hannah means grace or favor in Hebrew and Louise means famous warrior.

4 comments:

  1. I love the story behind it! My hebrew name means compassion or golden one, which has always made me feel proud of my name. My parents put a lot of thought and care into it, and for that I'm sure Hannah will also be grateful!


    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah Louise is an awesome name! I think I might have said it before but I'm Hannah Louise as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you can read the name HANNAH backwards and it still means the same :) love the names - good choices!! and Louise is such a classic one!

    ReplyDelete