Wednesday, March 2, 2011

{A Load of Crock: Chelsea of Seablanket}


Vegetarian Pineapple + Barbecue Tofu
Hi everyone! It’s Chelsea from Seablanket.com. I’m excited to be wrapping up Allison’s crock pot series, it’s been so fun! This is one of my favorite Crock Pot recipes and is perfect for lettuce wraps or poured over stir-fry veggies and rice with sesame seeds! Not only is it easy and take less than 10 minutes to prepare, but it’s also my favorite way to marinate my tofu.


Ingredients:
-2 containers of Firm Tofu, pressed
-1 1/2 cups Ketchup
-3 Tbsp brown sugar
-2 Tbsp soy sauce
-1 Tbsp Apple Cider vinegar
-1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
-1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
-Salt and Pepper to Taste
-1 can Diced Pineapple, Drained


 Cut up your tofu into 1” cubes. Combine tofu and all ingredients into your crock pot. Stir, cover and cook on low for 5-6 Hours. Stir and serve. Makes 8 Servings

3 comments:

  1. mmmm ive never had tofu before! I might have to try it :) Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm this sounds delicious! i'm a vegetarian, so i'm always looking for new ways to make my tofu! i'll be sure to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooooo good!

    I just got a crock pot in October for a wedding gift and have been so stoked at all these crock posts! Keep em coming!

    ♥ Ashlie
    http://bretandashlie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete