Monday, June 13, 2011

{make do monday: peter pan collar onesie}

 {This weekend I went to a super cute baby shower for my friend Amber. We decorated onesies with iron on fabric and it was so much fun! They turned out so cute! I have a lot of very creative friends. Personally I got a little carried away and made 3 different little outfits! My favorite was a little owl that I scrapped together and then cut out letters and wrote HOOT on the butt! It was pretty sweet. Anyway I kept a few scraps to play with at home and made these little onesies for my Hannah girl! My friend Chelsea inspired this idea when she made them at the shower.}


{cute, right?}

 {All you need is fabric in the print of your choice. Chelsea had ironed on a fuse-able fabric onto the back. Then just sketch the design you want on the paper backing and cut out.}


 {When sketching my design i laid my fabric on the onesie and traced the shape I wanted right around the collar to ensure it would be the right size.Then peel the paper backing and iron onto your onesie.}


 {I used some of the extra to cut out little hearts to stick on there too.}


{Overall I think they turned out pretty stinkin cute :) My little girl is going to have quite the wardrobe by the time she makes her appearance!}


4 comments:

  1. Supercute - what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Ali!!those look like the Ferber onesies you get in a pack at target and walmart, right? I found with my kids that those onesies ran small. So the 0-3 month size fits newborn to 1 or 2 months and the 3-6 month size fits smaller and on and on.... Just so you make sure your sweet baby gets to wear them!!! The Carters onesies from Carters, Macys, Kohls, etc run more true to size (aka: 3 months fits from 0-3 months, 6 months fits from 3-6 months, etc). Hope this info helps!

    ReplyDelete