Tuesday, February 15, 2011

{A Load of Crock: Danielle of Sometimes Sweet}



Hi all! Danielle here, from Sometimes Sweet. When Allison asked me to contribute a crockpot recipe I was super excited- I LOVE my crockpot...and I love this recipe. I think crockpot cooking is awesome- what's better than throwing all of your ingredients into one place and be able to go about your day, all the while your dinner is cooking! Love it. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do and maybe find a new staple in the winter months. Have fun cooking!

Here's what you need:

1 bell pepper
1 onion
olive oil
1 can black beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can corn
1 can tomato paste
2 cans kidney beans
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup water
a liberal amount of your favorite spices- I used: about 1 tbsp of cumin, 1 tbsp of chili powder, 1 tsp of cayenne pepper, 1 tsp of red pepper flakes, sea salt/black pepper to taste.

Easiest directions ever:

1) In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add in chopped onions and peppers. Saute.


2) While the onion/pepper mixture is cooking, add everything else into the crock pot.


3) Add in onion/pepper. Stir.

4) Cover and cook in the crock pot on low for about 5-6 hours.




And wa-la! You have a totally healthy, hearty, filling pot of chili that will last for a few days. This chili is high in fiber, protein and good for your vitamins and minerals. Great stuff. And remember, you can omit or add any sort of ingredients you'd like. Some other things that would be super delicious: jalapenos, veggie "meat" crumbles, carrots, etc!

{Thanks Danielle! This sounds delish! Hope everyone had a love-ly Valentine's!}

.::love ali::.

3 comments:

  1. I love your 30 days of crock pot meals. We got one as a wedding gift and I am totally in love. This recipe is cooking away right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So excited to see this here! I'm going to link it in my Friday post- thanks again friend! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete