Tuesday, June 15, 2010

{recipe: bomb diggity scones}

{source}

{i have been eating these scones since I was a little girl and I just wanted to share the recipe with you :) I have been making them a lot lately...these are the scones I made for brunch with our family before the wedding}


2/3 c. butter of margarine, melted
1/3 c. milk
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/4 c. oats, uncooked
1/4 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cream of tarter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. of nuts, dried fruit, or whatever else you want in there..my favorite is orange zest with dried cranberries ...then i whip up a powdered sugar glaze with orange in it if im feeling sassy!

{Add butter, milk and egg to combined dry ingredients; mix just until dry ingredients are moist. Stir in your goodies, whatever they are :) Grease a cookie sheet and plop your dough in a ball in the middle of the pan. Flatten out your dough into a 8 inch circle and cut into about 8 wedges; or you can do a square and cut into little bit size scones which I have recently tried and loved! Bake in the oven at 425 for 12-15 minutes or until light brown. Makes 8-12 wedges or lots of little bit size scones!
Now pour your self a big ol' cup of coffee or tea and eat up!
Try them and let me know what you think!}
{p.s. the picture is borrowed from another blog, so they aren't my scones...but the blog is cute-sy so check it out at the link I posted}

No comments:

Post a Comment